• DAF is a key supplier to commercial vehicle contract hire & fleet management specialist, Prohire PLC (www.prohire.plc.uk)
• New DAF Euro 6 trucks prove popular choice for expansion of Prohire’s short term commercial vehicle rental business (new DAF LF250 and new DAF CF290)
• Euro 6 models well received by Prohire’s commercial vehicle rental customers
• Prohire made conscious choice to buy Euro 6 models to offer customers the latest technology and superior environmental credentials
• Latest PACCAR engines for new DAF Euro 6 ranges offer lower running costs, extended service intervals, improved MPG and lower emissions
Having had the confidence to be one of the first to invest in Euro 6 technology for its growing short-term hire business, Prohire PLC (www.prohire.plc.uk), the commercial vehicle contract hire and fleet management specialist, is extremely satisfied with its choice of new DAF LF and CF Euro 6 trucks, which have been well received after their first six months in operation.
When procuring its new commercial vehicles last year, Prohire made a conscious decision to choose the improved efficiency and environmental credentials of Euro 6 compliant vehicles, as Dave Barlow, Commercial Director, Prohire PLC explained:
“At the time, we could easily have chosen well proven Euro 5 models, but that seemed like a backward step, and DAF gave us the confidence to invest in its new LF and CF Euro 6 models as we wanted to offer our customers the latest technology and best fuel economy, and we haven’t regretted it.
“After six months on our busy short term rental fleet, used by a wide variety of commercial operators, any worries about the new Euro 6 technology has been completely unfounded in our experience as we haven’t had any issues or negative comments, which is a really positive sign,” he continued.
DAF is a key supplier to Prohire’s contract hire and fleet management business, and represents around 50 per cent of the vehicles on its total HGV (>3.5t) fleet.
The new DAF LF250 18t trucks have the latest six cylinder, 6.7-litre, PACCAR PX-7, Euro 6 engine, while the CF290 FAR 6×2 trucks are 26t with a six cylinder. 10.8-litre, PACCAR MX-11 Euro 6 engine. Both engines are designed to maximise performance, yet be lighter, more fuel efficient and lower running costs with service intervals up to 60,000 km. They also has new, enhanced interiors to improve the daily work-life of the driver.
These vehicles are used exclusively for Prohire’s short term rental division and are based across the UK, sometimes driven by a different driver every day, and expected to cover around 500,000 km during their five year lifecycle. They were supplied via Lancashire DAF in Preston, and as the majority of Prohire’s customers operate in the haulage and distribution sectors, it chose rigid bodies fitted with curtainsides by approved specialist commercial vehicle bodybuilder, Martin Williams (Hull) Limited.
Phil Moon, Marketing Manager, DAF Trucks UK added: “With strong durability, positive driver feedback and low running costs, DAF trucks are a particularly popular choice for rental fleets for operators and end users alike, especially for distribution and multi-drop work.
“The new, enhanced interiors and lower running costs of our Euro 6 models will make them even more popular, with the same high standards of customer service from the DAF dealer network that our customers rely on,” he continued.
For more information on the new DAF Euro 6 models, designed for maximum efficiency, reliability and the highest driver comfort, please visit www.daf.eu/uk, call 01844 261111 or email reception@DAFTRUCKS.com.
Notes to editors:
• DAF Trucks UK is the market leader across all sectors in the UK, from 7.5 to 44 tonnes. The new Euro 6 LF, CF and XF Euro 6 trucks are designed to maximise profitability for operators and provide drivers with the best possible driving experience, supported by a nationwide network of 133 dealers across the UK (including two in the Channel Islands). DAF is a subsidiary of PACCAR – the global leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of light, medium and heavy trucks. www.daf.eu/uk
For further information please contact:
Martin Hayes/John Rawlings, Automotive PR
t: +44 (0)20 7952 1070